At a cost of only $50, this beautifully crafted, limited edition coffee table book captures the history of the U.S. Navy's Supply Corps in a way not done before. Replete with historical references, the book describes the establishment of the Supply Corps under Tench Francis and follows it to the Naval Supply Systems Command of today. In 150 pages it highlights in pictures, statistics and text, the growth and development of the U.S. Navy's supply, logistics, financial management, and contracting capability that enabled the United States Navy to operate indefinitely at sea and abroad. Through this historical context, you'll gain a new appreciation for what it means to be a U.S. Navy Supply Corps Officer.
"Ready for Sea: A History of the U. S. Navy Supply Corps" is a first of its kind and there are a limited number of copies. It will be a must have for anyone that wore, or will wear, an oak leaf on their uniform.
ELIGIBILITY: For all scholarships, the applicant must:
- Be a spouse, child or grandchild of a living or deceased regular, retired, reserve or prior service Supply Corps officer.
- Be a spouse or child of an Active or Retired Enlisted with supply enlisted rating (e.g., AK, SK, MS/CS, SH, DK, LI, PC, LS).
- Recipient must attend a two (2) or four (4) year accredited college and should be a full-time undergraduate student. (Note: Spouse scholarships are available for spouses who are enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours per semester, undergraduate only)
1. Applicants must register themselves every year, even if they have registered in the past. Click “Log In” and register. Sponsor accounts cannot be used for applying.
2. When registering, please make sure you select the following boxes on the registration form in order to obtain an application:
Status – Student
Chapter – Foundation
Check the box - “Apply for a Scholarship”
Once you submit your registration, log back on and click on your name. The application will be at the top right of the page.
Be sure to read the instructions on the right hand side of the application.
FAFSA information takes 4 days to process so please do that early!!
All online and mail in portions are due in the office by March 13, 2015. No exceptions. Winners will be announced the end of May.
Click "Log in" under the "Make a Donation" button in the banner to register and start the application process.
After a highly successful and enjoyable French Rhone River cruise in July 2014, Navy Supply Corps Foundation is offering its second river cruise. Operated by Scenic Cruises, the cruise will begin on April 18, 2016, when passengers will board the Scenic Opal in Amsterdam, Netherlands and cruise along the Rhine River for eight days, ending on April 25 in Basel, Switzerland.
Please click here for more information: 2016 River Cruise
Check out these short video clips of past cruises:
There is also a blog section on the website that has photos from the December 7, 2014 return of five of the 1941 children of Battleship Row to Hawaii. Watch for the March 2015 issue of The Oakleaf to learn more
The U.S. Navy Supply Corps Foundation exists to perpetuate the values, traditions, and history of the Supply Corps throughout the lives of individuals in the Supply Corps community. The Foundation pursues its mission by providing services and programs related to recruiting, training and development, transition, recognition, financial support and commemoration.
Follow us on Social Media.
Tuesday Jan 06, 2015
Thursday Jan 15, 2015
Tuesday Feb 03, 2015
Monday Feb 23, 2015
Monday Mar 02, 2015