On February 23rd, we celebrated the U.S. Navy Supply Corps 226th Birthday! Thank you to each and every Supply Corps officer for your service to our fleet--keeping us ready and able to protect and defend our United States of America.
Our members and their families are at the heart of our mission. We strive to bring more value to our members’ lives year over year and THANK YOU for your financial contributions. Your generousity enables us to "take care of our own" Supply Community each and every day—keeping our culture and heritage alive through generations!
You are important! Be an active and supportive member of the Supply Community:
- Donate now using a credit card at https://www.usnscf.com/Foundation/Ships_Store/MakeDonation
- Shop AmazonSmile and designate The Navy Supply Corps Foundation, Inc. as your charity. Visit smile.amazon.com to sign up!
- Honor Tench Francis as the founding officer of the Navy Supply Corps through the Tench Francis Legacy Society –recognizing members who have included the Foundation in their estate planning. Gift planning can include a bequest in your will or by participating in a gift annuity or other life-income tool. To become a member, or if you have already taken steps to provide this type of support, please contact our Executive Director, CAPT (Ret) Daniel Pionk at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-354-4111.
- Learn more about your contribution options through the Foundation's Donor eNewsletter delivered right to your inbox. Many of our friends find this very interesting and helpful. It features news from Washington, Savvy Living, gift stories, finance news and timely articles. Sign up now at https://usnscf.giftlegacy.com/?pageID=36
- Volunteer with any of our Committees. Learn how at https://www.usnscf.com/Foundation/pages/Programs/Volunteer_Committee
- Support Chapter events and programs. Learn about your Chapter at https://www.usnscf.com/Foundation/pages/About_Us/Chapter_Information
- Encourage members to register on our website at https://www.usnscf.com/Foundation/
- Join the CFC 2021 Giving Campaign! Pledge your donation to the Foundation through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Use The Navy Supply Corps Foundation, Inc. CFC #, which is 10281# . Visit https://givecfc.org/home to sign up now and name the Foundation (10281#) as your charity.
I hope you and your family have persevered through the challenges of the past year and are safe and healthy. With full deployment of the vaccine, the Foundation looks forward to moving beyond this crisis and returning to a more normal life. Of note, the vaccine distribution highlights the importance of logistics and the vital role many of our Supply Corps officers are playing in this effort. We remain grateful to them and all of those working to manage the crisis on our behalf.
Last February when I wrote my first letter as Chairman of the Navy Supply Corps Foundation, I could never have imagined the year that would follow. Our birthday celebrations, chapter events, and board meetings all went virtual. Our focus quickly went to ensuring that the Foundation, both fiscally and operationally, was positioned to continue its mission throughout the pandemic.
I am happy to report that the Foundation maintained our momentum in 2020. The attached infographic highlights our 2020 achievements and our Annual Report will be published shortly to offer greater detail. From Scholarships to Heritage to Transition and beyond, we executed our programs in a lean and effective manner. Your generous support was a key driver in this success. Thank you.
As we begin 2021, we have started executing our 2021-2023 Strategic Plan—much of it reflects the inputs from our membership survey. Look for a summary of the Plan in our spring issue of The Oakleaf. Also in this issue, as the anniversaries of 911 (20th), Desert Storm (30th) and the Korean War (70th) approach, the Heritage Committee will share our members’ memories and stories of the Supply Corps role in these historical events. Along with these stories, we ask for your help identifying our Foundation members over 90 years old for recognition in our Vintage Oakleaf Club—a distinct group of Supply Corps officers. And, don't forget to visit our website for information on all our programs and services, including the Foundation’s Scholarship Program, which is accepting scholarship applications for the 2021-2022 school year through March 12th.
I hope you share our perspective on the value the Navy Supply Corps Foundation brings to its members, taking care of our own and preserving the Supply Corps history and traditions! With your continued support we can make a difference in the lives of our Supply Corps Community.
Thank you again for a successful 2020. I wish you a happy 226th Supply Corps Anniversary!
ELIGIBILITY: For all scholarships, the applicant must:
- Be a spouse, child or grandchild of a living or deceased regular, retired, reserve or prior service Supply Corps officer.
- Be a spouse or child of an Active or Retired Enlisted with supply enlisted rating (e.g., AK, SK, MS/CS, SH, DK, LI, PC, LS).
- Recipient must attend a two (2) or four (4) year accredited college and should be a full-time undergraduate student. (Note: Spouse scholarships are available for spouses who are enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours per semester, undergraduate only)
- Applicants must register every year. Click “New User?” and register. Sponsor membership accounts on the Foundation’s website cannot be used for applying.
- When registering, please make sure you select the following boxes on the registration form in order to obtain an application:
- Rank and Status – "Other", then type in "Student"
- Chapter – "Foundation"
- Check the box - “Apply for a Scholarship”
Once you submit your registration, log back on and click on your name. The application will be at the top right of the page.
READ the instructions on the right hand side of the application.
The application is comprised of four primary components: academic performance records, extracurricular activities, financial need and two short essay questions. The Scholarship Board consists of one person each from the Active Duty, Reserve, Retired, Enlisted, and spouse communities. They individually review and critique each application and then meet as a virtual board to collectively select the best candidates. Scholarship funds are then distributed to the awardee’s institution for the upcoming academic year.
Questions? Please email: email@example.com
Spread the word about this excellent opportunity for our Supply Corps Family members to further their education!
NOMINATIONS DUE 1 APRIL 2021
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
copy to: email@example.com
| Support Our Mission
| On the Web
Check out additional areas of interest on the Links page.
Follow us on Social Media!
|The Navy Supply Corps Foundation has partnered with Amazon to establish a way for you to shop online and help support our mission.
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Navy Supply Corps Foundation, a nonprofit organization supporting the Supply Community.
Visit smile.amazon.com and on your first visit select Navy Supply Corps Foundation, Inc. as your charitable organization before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection and every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to the Foundation.
Let's use this unique opportunity to give to our Community while staying safe!
For information on how Amazon is addressing the COVID-19 crisis, visit https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19
Log in to www.usnscf.com and review your profile today. Click on your name that appears just below the Log In button. We receive many rejected emails when we send them to our members. Don't miss The Oakleaf delivered to your inbox, Foundation and Chapter announcements, too! Problems logging in? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a former shipmate?
If so, contact the Foundation and we’ll try to put you in touch. Send an e-mail to Foundationadmin@usnscf.com or call (706) 354-4111.
No information will be released without prior permission of the member.
Wednesday Nov 04, 2020 - Monday Mar 01, 2021
Monday Feb 08, 2021
Thursday Feb 11, 2021 - Wednesday Mar 10, 2021
Monday Mar 01, 2021 - Monday Mar 29, 2021
POC: Craig Picken, Managing Partner, O: ...