Chief Operating Officer
Tridentis is a privately held small business focused on providing naval architecture, marine engineering, program management and logistics services to the US Navy, USCG and USMC in addition to other federal agencies. Tridentis is headquartered in Washington DC and has offices in Baltimore MD, Norfolk VA, Bremerton WA and Kona HI. In addition to providing engineering services to the federal government, Tridentis has a subsidiary, Advanced Marine Vehicles that is entirely focused on designing, developing and building autonomous marine vehicles. Tridentis is committed to maintaining our ability to maintain an agile company, with a flat organizational structure while achieving long term consistent growth.
As a rapidly growing small business, we are looking for an experienced executive to serve as Chief Operating Officer (COO), located at our Washington DC office, to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of the business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen, exemplary work ethic and an understanding of federal contracting, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to manage and maintain our business functions that will drive extensive long-term growth.
- Manage Program Managers and track deliverables for all Tridentis projects
- Track financials for all contracts/projects
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee hiring and personnel issues
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, HR, Business Development, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assist CEO in business development and customer relations
- Approve and manage employee time and expenses
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office, Vice President or similar relevant role.
- Excellent experience working with the USN, USCG, or USMC in both a contracts and program management capacity.
- Existing knowledge and understanding of industry practices and requirements.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Must be technology-focused with a good background using and implementing technology into business processes
- Working knowledge of financial analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Experience with government cost accounting and DCAA.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field or a BS in engineering; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Experience in engineering or overseeing engineering projects will be a plus
- Experience using Unanet is a plus, willingness to learn new software systems is a must
A successful COO at Tridentis will be one that helps us improve our corporate operations, successfully manages the financials of our projects and assists with growing our organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Overseeing Engineering Projects: 5 years (Required)
- USN, USCG or USMC: 10 years (Required)
- Government cost accounting and DCAA: 5 years (Required)
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Precision Engagement Systems is a premier defense systems contractor fielding game-changing precision ISR systems, weapon systems and defense electronics products that address both current and future U.S. military operational needs for air, land, sea and space platforms.
Combat Propulsion Systems (CPS), headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, one of the L3 business segments in the Precision Engagements sector, is a recognized market leader in the engineering, design and manufacture of engines, transmissions, suspension and turret drive systems for combat vehicles, including both tracked and wheeled vehicles. We are seeking a Director, Business Development, Engines Business.
As the Director, Business Development, Engines Business, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing business development opportunities to address customer needs utilizing our capabilities within L3. You will be tasked with identifying markets, shaping opportunities, assessing the competitive landscape, developing businesses cases and customer capture plans. You’ll be tasked with consistently driving and demonstrating the ability to lead and support proposal efforts for new product development. Success will be critical on building focused relationships with customers and/or the Government that promote collaboration and cooperative programs to best support L3 growth strategies. You’ll be responsible for completing economic analyses on new or improved product opportunities and/or business models while coordinating with internal departments in identifying/implementing business development projects.
You will demonstrate success by:
Supporting the Engines Business by ensuring that the annual business plan orders target is either met or exceeded.
Understanding your supported customer, the Engines Business in L-3 CPS, and being a key contributor to their business success.
Proven knowledge of the pursuit cycle: influence, capture intelligence, communicate, understand environment, communicate winning strategy/solution, establish ‘Price to Win’, assist with business case, respond, follow up, and close.
Direct marketing/sales activities of products and/or services to government agencies or private firms doing business with the government.
Develop short- and long-term objectives aligned with the organization and communicate goals to upper management.
Acts as an advisor to management on status or action required in connection with existing and potential business opportunities.
Intune to developments in the government, military, and international fields as they apply to the organization's future marketing plans.
Effectively position L3 within the market by analyzing competitor’s prices, sales, and method of operation
Be active in the market searching for business opportunities, maintains surveillance and with the ability to perform financial analysis of acquisition candidates.
Ability prepare acquisition proposals, and recommend strategic objectives and alternatives and implement and maintain strategic and operational plans.
Coordinating with cross-functional management within the Program Management, Contracts and Engineering departments to evaluate marketing strategies for new and existing products or services.
Plan, coordinate and execute business reviews, strategic planning exercises, resource planning, budgetary analysis, and opportunity mapping.
Up to date with industry knowledge by performing competitive market intelligence to understand the execution strategies of Prime Contractors and competitors.
Own and maintain the capture process effectiveness measures and instill a winning culture within BD and the organization.
Uphold a high ethical standard with all business dealings concerning the company.
Must have the ability to travel up to 50% domestic and international.
A team-oriented attitude and ability to perform other duties as assigned.
Understanding of US DoD Foreign Military Sales Process and existing international customer network, with focus on Middle East.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline or business related, MBA preferred.
10+ years of experience in a customer facing, business development or strategic planning role within a global matrixed organization with the DoD and Defense prime Contractors as a primary customer. Direct Military Experience at a leadership level is a plus.
A proven track record of building customer and industry relationships.
5+ years of international business experience
Professional experience or background in military track or wheeled vehicle market.
Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
Capability to think strategically and execute tactically using integrative thinking skills with a strong foundation in data driven problem solving.
Depth and breadth in business acumen across the major functional disciplines including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Marketing and Sales
Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain one
Well versed in proposal creation, contract execution and FARs/DFARS.
III MEF Scenario Developer
Duties. Lead scenario planner/exercise developer, who prepares scenario concepts for service specific, Joint, and Combined, Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) exercises. Develop multiple tactical concepts, prepare and conduct scenario briefings, develop operations orders, plans, graphics, FRAG orders, and supporting products. Coordinates the numerous facets of exercise control planning including replication of notional units, civilians on the battlefield, role-players, governmental and non-governmental organizations, joint and coalition military forces, and special events desired by the training unit and the exercise director. Supervise delivery and execution of tactical and control products during execution. Single point of contact for scenario development. Develop and refine the scenario concept using current and evolving doctrine and training audience feedback as required, conduct research on doctrine, tactics techniques and procedures. Use results of research to update operational documents to ensure doctrinal correctness. As required, conduct research on current world situation to support relevant focused training exercises.
Civilian Education. Bachelor's degree required.
Military Education. Minimum three years experience in military training and education. Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course required. Attendance at SAW or NWS is preferred.
Military Operational Experience. Minimum four years operational experience. Minimum four years experience in military training and education including organizing and conducting training. Experience in the conduct of post exercise AAR or training event effectiveness, analysis, and evaluation a plus.
Proof of Security Clearance. Must be eligible for at least a secret security clearance.
Agility Defense & Government Services is currently seeking talented and highly motivated people to join the team at our Alexandria Virginia office location. We specialize in complex logistics in challenging environments, recognizing the difficulties, and facing them head on while providing excellence in service to our customers. Come Join Our Team.
Sr. Business Development Analyst – Alexandria, VA
Agility Defense & Government Services is the public sector arm of Agility, which has more than 500 offices in 100+countries and a network of global transportation, warehousing, and storage capabilities. We provide complete supply chain management, logistics services, and commodity services to customers around the world. CLICK HERE for more information on Agility Defense & Government Services. Agility Defense & Government Services is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and a certified Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Company.
- A new logistics leader meeting the challenges of global trade.
- Facilitating trade through innovative supply chain solutions.
- Integrity, Personal Ownership, Teamwork, Excellence
The following position will be located at a secure location in Hanover Maryland:
Business Continuity Professional (Level 1).
The clearance level is TS SCI/TK with full polygraph.
- Business Continuity Planner supporting organizational planning to address disasters, interruptions of business functions and enterprise resilience.
- Interprets government regulations, applicable directives, and advises government management on the best course of action to meet program goals, objectives and compliance with program mandates.
- Supports the development of plans for continuity of essential functions and resumption of complete business operations.
- Monitors business and operation changes to ensure plans remain current and valid. Performs business process analysis/business impact analysis (BPA/BIA), risk assessments of essential functions and/or information systems in accordance with federal directives and industry best practices.
- Prepares and conducts training materials and overviews to educate workforce personnel.
- Prepares and submits position and information papers in response to government requirements.
- Supports the development of continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Conducts training on continuity programs’ concepts, methodologies and tools.
- Creates PowerPoint training presentations for utilization throughout the Agency.
- Beta test Continuity Planning Tool (CPT), develop fields to allow for population of Business Process Analysis information.
- Supports performing continuity plan evaluations and assessments.
- Assists in designing, coordinating and conducting continuity exercises in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines.
- Research, formulate, and document reconstitution and devolution strategies.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years’ experience in performing one (1) or more areas of Continuity of Government, Continuity of Operations, Business Continuity Planning, Crisis Management, Continuity Strategic Planning and Policy, enterprise Risk Management, and participation in national-level homeland security or continuity of operations exercises.
- Two (2) of the five (5) years must be supporting a major public corporation, state, federal department/agency or U.S. Intelligence Community component continuity (or closely related) program.
- One (1) year experience with developing continuity plans using an automated commercial government or similar continuity planning tool required.
- Completion of the FEMA Continuity of Operations Excellence Series – Level 1 (Professional Continuity Practitioner required.
- Certification through the Disaster Recovery Institute International or Business Continuity Institute (e.g., CBCP, CPSCP, MBCI) and four (4) additional years of experience in one of the above areas may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.